2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Arrange asparagus in an ungreased 13 in x 9 in baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15-20 min or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with the tomatoes and feta cheese. Serve immediately. YIELD: 6 servings.
- I usually break the asparagus in half when I put it in the baking dish to make it easier to arrange.
- I don't measure the olive oil--I just drizzle it over the asparagus then I move the asparagus around so that each piece will have some oil on it.
- Be careful with the salt! It is easy to get it too salty. I usually just use a pinch (or 2).
- I bake in a glass baking dish so don't bother to transfer to a serving dish.
- After I add the tomatoes and feta cheese, I mix it all up.